What are Birth Father Rights in Florida?


Can I Give Up My Baby When the Baby Daddy Doesn’t Agree?

Yes, you can put up a baby for adoption without the father’s consent under certain circumstances. In Florida, the mother has complete responsibility for making the decisions about the future of her newborn baby. The birth father does not have the same rights.

Birth mothers, like you, worry about whether they can still place their babies for adoption if the father isn’t around, is unknown, or isn’t supportive of her choice. In many cases the answer is: YES, you can still put your newborn up for adoption. But the law is very complicated, and you don’t want to be bullied into making a decision that is against your wishes and the best interests of your baby. We will help you!

At Shorstein & Kelly we provide expert legal answers to all your adoption questions. Our legal expertise is in only one area: adoption law! That’s all we do. With three adoption attorneys and a staff of women adoption advisors, we have 70+ years of combined experience arranging adoptions.

We will answer your questions and provide you with information without cost or obligation on your part. In other words, talking to us is FREE. If you decide not to contact us again, that’s ok. If you decide to follow up, we can help you in finding an amazing, wonderful, adoptive home for your precious baby.

There is always a family waiting to love your child. We have lots of family options from which you can choose, all of whom are wonderful, carefully screened, loving families who cannot wait to welcome a baby into their hearts and homes and are happy to assist with living expenses. You make all the choices regarding which family adopts your baby and the extent of contact you want after the child’s birth.

Call, text, or email Shorstein and Kelly today to set up a free, no-obligation consultation. We’ll walk with you through every step of the process.

Related Post